Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ooooh oooh ooOOOooH!!!



















Now I am in a quandery.....look what the postman just brought me! I really should finish those pink fluffy socks before I start on these. Just look at how they packaged it too, it's like receiving a present even though I ordered it myself! I didn't order the pen or the lolipop lol!
You were right Ali, knitting socks is addictive!
I used my lensbaby on my D200 to take these photographs. I used Picasa2 to edit the NEFs and then I used the 'make collage' feature in Picasa. I love that programme, its arty farty just like me! There is no clone tool in it though so I have to use Photoshop for any detailed editing in my photo work but then there is my other favourite image editing programme called Photobrush, it's such a fun programme to use and not at all expensive compared to Photoshop.
If you click on the image it should take you to a large version of the collage.
...I'm feeling a bit hyper-active now, I s'pose I'd better go and do some housework then I can knit guilt-free for a while...... :^D

7 comments:

talj said...

Lovely collection of images, really nice colours and compositions! :o) Hope you finish those socks! I really want to know if they are as warm as they look! :o)

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh wow! Love the comment re the housework.....I am just off to do some then I too am going to work on something creative!
Great to be aboard the colour swap with you all!

Dxx
P.s. can I link to your photos on my PAD list?

Dxx

Faerynuff said...

OOOh, I've got some LL shepherd sock too, but haven't used it yet.What pattern did you have in mind?

Have you still got snow? We had stinking rain!

picperfic said...

I have almost finished, well I've turned the heel on the second pink fluffy sock...I am so looking forward to doing the colour swap thingy :^). The snow only lasted about 3 hours lol...but it is very cold and sunny today...x

Marianne said...

Thank you so much for stopping by, it's not often I get to meet another 'Marianne' they're very scarce in these parts.
Your photography is stunning. I've looked through several posts, positively stunning. As are the knits, hey, I even like the pale pink halo-y socks!
You'll enjoy the Lorna yarn.
I'm honoured to be included in your lists, I'll be sure and include you on mine, as I'll be wanting to enjoy your photos and knitting, and yes, I know what you mean, tidy up so one can have guilt-free knitting.
I did get a bit of a chuckle from your comment, Bobby and I have known each other around 36 years, it took a few years for us to actually 'get together' then after a few years of togetherness we took a 20 year break, during which time we still raised the children between the two households (no, like the Harlot, he is their father of the heart,not biological) and then we got back together again, then after a few years decided to make it official. Funny, eh?
Sometimes it's very much worth the wait, and you just can't imagine how impressed I am that your sweet man COOKS! How lucky are you!

Marianne said...

You're on my list now, Sir Robin, I do have a question though, how did you find my blog? Just curious.

Jenn said...

Hello! I see you're also doing the color swap--and I'm a newbie too! And a fellow knitter. I love those socks you were working on; I am still working up the gumption to try to knit some.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin