Friday, February 16, 2007

Half Term

Barry and I drove about 160 miles on Thursday, well Barry drove and I knitted and slept a little. We were going to collect Maisie for the half-term holiday. We spent Thursday night with Barry's old friend Bob and his new wife Julie, they live very near to where I used to live in my previous life. What a lovely couple they are. We had a Chinese takeaway for our evening meal and some gorgeous fizzy rose wine which unfortunately gave me a migraine so I sort of suffered all night with that and Barry suffered all night with indigestion, at least we were awake together lol. Bob and Julie left for work really early at 7.30 am and by then B and I were fast asleep! Woke up at 9.15 with a start, we had to be in town by 10am, as I'd arranged to meet my best friend Andrea for coffee, she's nearly always late so it wasn't too much of a panic. It was great seeing Andrea, as usual, we chatted at great speed, trying to cram in so much news in a short space of time and after a couple of coffees and a bacon and sausage ciabatta, we parted company...exhausted from high-speed chatting and always a bit sad too, but Andrea is thinking of coming up to stay with us in March so that's something to look forward to. After saying our goodbyes, B and I then made our way to an Indian Supermarket in the hope of finding some Pandanas Leaves for one of the recipes in his Curry Bible, we couldn't find them but the lad in the supermarket said he could get us some by Wednesday, well that was no good to us so yet again, we still haven't got any of those elusive leaves! Then it was time to collect Maisie, she hadn't gone to school because she is really suffering with a nasty cough and cold but apart from that she is happy enough and we had a picnic in the car on the way back to Cambridge, another 160 miles!! Poor Barry, he never complains about driving but I knew he was really whacked. He can't sleep in the car and I can so I think it's a waste of a driver if he isn't going to sleep, anyway, he really doesn't mind driving..... I didn't waste my waking time though, I knitted Barry's first ever hand knitted sock and he loves it. I used Lamb's Pride Worsted and the 'for better or worsted' pattern I found in an online magazine (the socks are on page 10). The paler bit is some gorgeous yarn I got from e bay, I think I will order from them again, is so beautiful to use! Anyway, here's the said sock, modelled my my man...I'm just going to cast on the other one and then I'm going to bed. I'll catch up with your blogs tomorrow....zzzzzzzzzz

Maisie is now fast asleep in bed, she needed a snuggle and a bit of medicine for her cough but just needed to get to bed..we have loads of arty crafty stuff planned for the week ahead, I wonder how much of it will get done before the end of the week?? It's soooo good to have my little girl with me again :^)

3 comments:

Marianne said...

congratulations on the mansock! a true labour of love those mansocks are! Have a good holiday with Maisie!

CG said...

Hope you have a lovely visit wih Maisie! sock looks great :)

Pat said...

Love those socks Marianne! Have a lovely time with Maisie!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin