Monday, April 30, 2007

Aldeburgh and Bluebells

Yesterday Barry and went to Minsmere to meet up with some fellow photographers. Well, we did get there but, and you knew there'd be a but didn't you?? Almost there and then we came to a standstill, there had been an accident and in the middle of this narrow road, about 4 cars in front of us was a helicopter. Such a strange sight. We guessed that the accident must have been pretty serious. I got out and tried to see what was happening and wondering if I should venture forth with my camera in case it was newsworthy and then I changed my mind, too many repercussions from that sort of photography anyway. The lady in the car behind us asked us if we knew what was going on, we said 'no' and then we told her where we needed to be and she said if we turned the car round, as she was going to do the same, we could follow her. So we did! She was a jolly-hockey-sticks sort of gal and as we progressed she wound down her window and did an amazing hand signal, sort of a royal wave but with the whole of her arm, well Barry and I just looked at each other, neither of us really understood what she meant but we sort of translated it to mean, 'come on chaps, we're going this way'....so we continued to follow her, for quite some time until Barry said we needed to have turned off a while back and he just sort of well...dumped her and carried on to where he thought we needed to be except where he thought we needed to be was the other end of the road with the accident in it and by the time we reached that end the road had been blocked. Barry was getting a little concerned by this time as he had phoned the other photographers to say we would be ten minutes and it was about 45 minutes down the line. So we sort of gave up and went to find a loo and then Barry had another go at the sat nav and realised that perhaps that hand waving lady did know where we needed to be... we eventually found the restaurant where we were meant to meet the others and proceeded to try and phone them cos we couldn't see them anywhere (not that we knew who they were) but of course there was no signal for the phone! So I had soup, Barry had a toasted sandwich and we went back to Aldeburgh, I took these two photos then we had fish and chips and mushy peas (well I had the peas) . Then it was time to go home....a lovely day in the life of two nutty photographers!!


~*~

Back in the village....

I've just been out for a little walk and took these photos on my travels, it's so warm here today, makes me want to do my pots even though I haven't felt like doing any gardening up til now..I feel a trip to the garden centre coming on!



6 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh my goodness! The photos are all stunning, as usual.
Always trust a lady with confident hand/arm signals!

I absolutely love the image of the week and reading about it. I clicked on for the larger view, and personally.....I think your photos would be a great show in a nice gallery!

CG said...

Lovely photos, it sounds like you had a nice day out anyway. i love mushy peas too :)

Rosie said...

it is a glorious day today, isn't it? hope this venturing forth means that you're feeling much better. sorry I missed you on your last trip to Cambridge, as soon as I've shaken my viral thingy off let's try to meet for tea/chat/knitting

Joanna said...

Lovely photos of Aldeburgh, I know it well being a flatlander born and bred!

Angel Jem said...

A sort of Paddington day, really, lots to do and all the best intentions and then nothing happens. I hope your husband is better at managing jams than mine.... the air would be blue!

Unknown said...

Ohh what a day. I hope Barry wasn't as foul mouthed as mine woulda been! I'm glad you turned a good situation around and had a great day in the end.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin