Thursday, April 26, 2007

Fat Quarters

I really want to have a go at making a log cabin quilt after finding inspiration here and then discovering that there was a tutorial on the technique here. I just keep sitting and looking and patting these delicious little bundles of fabric because I have no energy to actually get on and make one, but I will, soon, but not until I have made J's cardigan.

Recovering from that horrid viral infection is slow, I get spurts of energy and think I am well again and then BOING!! it hits me and I have to sit/sleep/blog/read/hand knit/or do something else that is a quiet task. I got a bit frustrated today, I wanted to sew something but didn't have enough fabric to make it, the whole process just made me flake out on the sofa in a miserable fashion so Barry suggested I do some cooking as I had told him about these Lemon Shortbread Bars that I came across as I was blogging about. He's a clever man, it was just the tonic I needed but really it is an enormous recipe and if I make it again I will half the ingredients. Barry's not even at work as he's fighting this virus now , so he can't take any in for his workmates. I might see if it will freeze....

4 comments:

Taoknitter said...

You were so sick that it probably will take time...be nice to yourself. Mmmm, shortbread and tea is good for what ails you! My mother is coming in 2 weeks...she loves shortbread so we will try your recipe.

talj said...

I think you most defnitely need to send them to me ;o) LOL

Glad you are gradually getting better but sorry to read that Barry has got the bug too now :o(

{{{HUGS}}} to you both xx

Marianne said...

Those fabrics are so very pretty! and the lemon shortbread? YUM, I went and saved the page as I love shortbread AND lemon.

Hoping your energy level continues to increase, just make sure you take it easy and don't relapse.

CG said...

Send the shortbread to me!!!

The quilt will be great, i'm sure. Take it easy and get well soon!
Love to you and B xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin