I'm really sorry, I can't remember who tagged me for this.....
The rules of the game are that I must reveal 7 random facts about myself. I then need to tag 7 others & list their names on my blog. I also have to leave those I tagged a note in their blog comments letting them know they have been tagged & to direct them to read my blog for the rules of the game.
This has been done to death so I'm not going to tag anyone! Mind you, I do like to read the random things that people post so let me know if you just decide to tag yourself!
1. I left my marriage of 30 years in 2004
2. I love to dance, especially line dance.....I did go to Morris Dancing lessons many moons ago and I enjoyed it but when they suggested I go with a group to dance in public I changed my mind! In fact, I really don't like to do exercise at all but if I can dance myself fit then I'd be happy :^)
3. I like to wash my hair every day (well mostly) because until 1999 I didn't know I had curly hair and I love the way it springs into curls when I scrunch it dry....every time I wash and dry it I am amazed that the curls are still there!
4. I used to have an overactive thyroid gland, diagnosed in 1992. I felt wretched and spent most nights pacing the floor with a pounding heart beat! I never lost weight like other sufferers though, I ate for England! It was brilliant. I would eat whole angel cakes amongst other things and was continually hungry. My thyroid was way over-active and surgery was out of the question. In 1999, I had a massive dose of radio-active iodine which totally destroyed my thyroid gland. So I now have to take thyroxine on a daily basis as I have what is classed as an under active thyroid. Unfortunately, after taking this dose of medicine, I carried on eating in vast quantities and put weight on because my metabolism had slowed right down. Now my thyroxine levels have normalised, I maintain my weight at a bit heavier than I would like. I wonder if the radio-active iodine made my hair go curly??
5. I was going to be nurse, like my two older sisters. When I was 16 I went on a pre-nursing course at college and managed the first year. My Mum decided I needed to be earning some money so arranged for me to go to an interview at a local bank and I got a job as a bank clerk. (we did what we were told in those days) My first job was in Winchester, where I met my husband. I got pregnant at 18 (my darling Ali), got married 8 weeks later (my Mum knew the vicar!) and the rest is history!
6. I still keep in touch with a girl I met at the above college when I was 16, I really love to get cards and newsy letters from her even though I haven't seen her since we were 17! We always end our conversations with, I will get to see you soon!
7. I was a Zahra Sugaring Practitioner for 15 years, I had my own practice in the study of our house and loved seeing my clients. It was like a lovely meet up once a month, even if I did cause them to be in pain from time to time. We did have some laughs in that little room and some tears. We used to put the world to rights too. I still keep in touch with quite a few of those lovely ladies.
Ohh, now I want to tell you more things about me.......hmmm.....maybe another day :^)
5 hours ago