Sunday, June 24, 2007

UPDATED!...Scrappy Swap, My Scrappy Blocks and Elderflower Cordial

I took part in a darling little swap and on Saturday my package arrived all the way from Australia. Rosie (the 'Me' bit of Melly & me) sent me some really beautiful scraps so that I can make some more of the Scrappy Cabins that you can see in the slide show. I changed the dimensions of the Scrappy Cabin a bit, from 1/2" to 1.5cms because my clear ruler doesn't do imperial!! There is also a tutorial for making them here. I used the little bag in the photo, when we went out on Saturday evening, it is just the right size for my phone and specs! There were some gorgeous greetings cards showing Rosie's quilt designs and also some life savers (musk flavour?) and a chocolate heart! How spoilt am I? I hope Rosie gets her package from me soon....we both posted the packages on the same day! These clever girls designed the Sherbet Bag that I have made three times now! Thanks Rosie, I love my fabric and all the little extras.

I just added the photo of the Elderflower Cordial because I loved the light shining through the bottles. There were two bottles more than this and little white jugful in the kitchen. I doubled up the recipe as I like to give this as gifts. I must print off some more labels...shall I use last years' version or design a new one?


UPDATE
Just for Michaela (and anyone else that is interested), here is the Elderflower Cordial recipe I use. Barry had scanned it in for Andrea to take home with her. I Wrote it on the back of an old envelope last June. I didn't know where I had put it but one day, about 2 weeks ago, it fell onto the kitchen floor, I think it had travelled from the kitchen drawer, down the back and out through the cupboard below....I think this recipe wanted to be made!!

13 comments:

Michaela said...

Your scrappy cabins are lovely - make mine look truely scrappy! The elderflower cordial looks pretty good too, care to share the recipe?

Anonymous said...

I love your labels - beautiful work.

Marianne said...

You truly are an epitome of Domestic Goddess, aren't you...yes. You are. The Scrap Cabin blocks...I love them.
I also love the old label... and I've always loved photos of glass bottles...
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

talj said...

I wish I could knit! These little packages look cool :o) And the bottles are beautiful! Hope you had a lovely Sunday :o)

Marianne said...

Thank you for the recipe!

about said...

I see you are enjoying another swap also. It is great fun but postage in the US has jumped; I think I will slow down for awhile since the postage is almost as much as package being shipped. Actually, I need a rest to catch up on some of my own things. One and a half (half is the 2nd part of No Sheep for You) more swaps and I will be through all that I am now participating in. What fun they have been.

Marianne said...

I love the Snow White photo...

Michaela said...

Thanks for the recipe, I'm off to find me some elderflowers now...

CG said...

I just love visiting your world Marianne! xx

Rosie said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the end result of those scraps. the last of our elderflower heads have just been pounded into oblivion by torrential rain about an hour ago (we could even see a cloud in tornado formation, but--happily--that missed us). WStill, I think I might just have to go for the gin and soda without elderflower for the time being!

Anonymous said...

My swap came today and I love it! You are so generous! the bag is wonderful and the cards. I love the face washer and all the fabrics! thank you so much. I am very lucky to have your scraps in my scrappy quilt. I am running quite behind on the quilt though. Thanks again. Rosie xx.

Faerynuff said...

Oh Mum, I love everything, Imogen's bear is delicious, it has a wonderful face.

When Emilia wore her knitpicks skirt to school a couple of weeks ago, two of her teachers told her that they wanted one!

Love you x

Joanna said...

I wonder what my scrappy cabins are called, the pattern for mine is a square and then each side of the square are equal strips, then a layer of equal strips coming out the other way, perhaps its just a scrappy square, I made 16 large squares, over 10 years ago, and didn't know what to do with them, perhaps I should pull them out, and make a quilty throw thing!Sorry I burbled on yours are beautiful of course!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin