Tuesday, October 16, 2007

oooher....I've been bad.....

Today it is my turn to show you some of my photos...
Here is my Barry, holding his tummy in after the very filling and delicious Italian meal we had in Knightsbridge.....x
Autumn colours at the natural history museum

and more...I loved those odd leaves, anyone know what tree this is?

This is the peace fleece I am going to use to make Barry the cobblestone sweater ...ooops wrong pattern!! This is also on my 'I want to make this' list! The yarn wasn't purchased from Ally Pally by the way....

That's more like it, I can't wait to get swatching for this handsome jumper!

I have hankered after some Koigu for a while now, just two skeins of this beauty wasn't overly extravagant was it? I just love the colour, but I have to say that after chatting to the lovely lady on 'Socktopus', we came to the conclusion that our stashes usually follow a colourway that pleases us!

I got this from Kerrie's stall, two skeins of Aran weight kid mohair and merino and 2 skeins of 4ply kid mohair and silk, all hand painted by Kerrie and so squishy and pretty....I think I could happily live in Kerrie's Yarn Store.....

I then found some nice books, the pretty little dress caught my eye and it is full of gorgeous embroideries but I know one or two little girls that would look cute in a dress like this one.

Oh and this pattern and yarn had been bothering me for a while, so in my reckless way, I purchased the yarn and pattern on a whim...how indulgent was that?

How about these little cute things? I knitted one of them almost as soon as we got in from the busy weekend, I just had to make them, gorgeous they are and I'll definitely make them again. Looks like my granddaughters' are not the only ones that will have something funky to put on their feet, their new brother or sister will as well! I got this from UK Alpaca
Now this was the naughtiest but the most useful of all my indulgent purchases. A daylight simulation lamp. It is so useful and gives out a really good natural light, I could have done with this when I was knitting those spiderweb sockies! (I hope your not peering into the photo and noticing the yarn behind the sofa....)
So there it is, I had great fun, walked for miles, smiled all day and now I am trying like crazy to get this place straight so I can sit and knit to my heart's content....bliss!
~

I am thinking of selling this cardigan, I have only worn it once and I didn't really like the three quarter length sleeves on me. I used the proper yarn that the pattern suggested, cascade indulgence, and knitted every stitch with love.

here is a link to the pattern so you can see what it looks like on a tall skinny person...clicky
It actually is longer on my body and I am 5'4" tall

The colourway I chose is 'olive' and it will fit a size 40-42inch bust

*UPDATE: SOLD :^)*

Thanks for viewing....x

12 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

The tree is a Japanese called the Ginkgo! You have been a bad girl indeed!!

TeaMouse said...

Beautiful knitting.

CG said...

Wow, you had fun didn't you? Love the lamp and we have the same cushion!!

Taoknitter said...

I am so jealous!! Going to London, collecting such beatiful yarns, eating fantastic food...all with the man you love! Big sigh...

I wish I was small enough to buy that sweater. Alas, it might fit around my shoulders! It is quite lovely.

xoxo

Marianne said...

Gingko...indeed (I misspelled it in my email to you..tsk tsk)
What a lovely haul! cute bootie!

Rita said...

Gorgeous stuff, what a great time you had. The top is beautifully knitted, better than the original I think!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh! Great pics and update post! Beautiful knits!

Sussex Yorkie said...

Cardigan is gorgeous if its still going? I too thought the tree a Ginkgo.

Joanna said...

Oh how I wish I had a bigger chest, I really love the green cardi always have done, but I havent the boobs! Great purchases, what a fun day! Happy knitting!

Mama said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous indeed!
Wouldn't be able to say what I like best if I had to : )

Thimbleanna said...

OhMyGosh! I'd trade a weekend in NYC for one in London ANY day, you lucky duck! What a great haul you had. I love kiogu too, but can't quite bring myself to make socks out of it -- that handwashing big scares me off. And can't wait to see Barry's new jumper! And p.s., you're looking adorable in Barry's pics -- must be Lu-u-v-v-v! LOL!

Faerynuff said...

It's a Gingko Biloba tree, I've only ever seen one at Kew Gardens before.

It was the picture in your slideshow that caught my eye the most :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin