Saturday, December 22, 2007

Should you be looking at this?

I know I shouldn't be blogging..hah! .....The other stuff can wait. I have a bit of a headache and a rather sore tummy, I occasionally get these bouts of in irritable bowel, no doubt brought on because of all the stuff I have lurking in the background that needs my attention.
However, I have much more interesting stuff for you to look at....
This amazing parcel of goodies arrived this morning, well it arrived yesterday but we were out so Barry went and collected it for me from the post office today...What a wonderful surprise, I had sort of forgotten about this swap... Here are the gorgeously soft mitts, Jodi used RYC Soft Lux for these, what a gorgeous yarn it is too, I have been putting these on and off all day today, I can't tell you how much I love this package of goodies...
included were two skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca Silk..oh boy, this yarn is to soft and sort of heavy, I really need to find the perfect pattern for this yumminess! How did you know how much I love these colours, it is my absolute favourite!
and also there was this squidgy Elann Highland Silk yarn...oh Jodi! There was so much more, two Interweave Magazines which I have yet to investigate, another pattern for some lacy mitts, lots of tea, I will have one of the 'calm' variety just before bed. Some chocolates, and bars of chocolate, double chocolate coffee...I am so spoiled and just hope Jodi felt the same when I sent her my package...thank you so much!
*~*~*
Yesterday, Barry, Maisie and I went to visit Denise, I have already shown you photos of the delicious Imogen in the previous post...Denise told me about this amazing shop not too far away from where she lives so I just had to pay it a visit....
All these delicious yarns were just £1.50 a ball..I got quite a few of them and think I may make a blanket from the Big Wool Tuft unless anyone else can point me in the direction of a better pattern using this yarn? I can always get Denise to get me some more of it if a suitable patterns turns up. I am going to make Barry a jumper using this soft tweed yarn, it has little flecks of blue in is and contains a bit of silk so it should make a snuggle of a jumper! £1.50 a ball...what a bargain!
*~*~*

I'm ending my post with some of my Christmas decorations....I used my D200 camera again yesterday and a flashgun. It worked so well I just had to have another go with it today. Hope I'm not boring you.

This is our wobble Santa..he is a bit special and we give him a bit of a push as we pass just to see him wobble....
I got this fairy when I was staying with Ali, if you pull the string her arms and legs fly out!
I loved the way this fairy light was hiding behind the ribbon....
and this beauty is a present from my darling Mum...a very beautiful glass bell bauble from Waterford Crystal...I love it!
Now I suppose I aught to go and do something more useful, but no, I won't...I am going to watch the Strictly final results straight after Casualty, seems like Charlie is having a bad day, Louie as such a bad boy these days! Go Matt....you can do it!

10 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

You received so much wonderful stuff!
I’m so sorry my parcel still did not arrive at your place after 1 month now.
I hope you will feel better soon!!!

Jodi said...

YAY! I'm so glad the package arrived safe and sound. Enjoy the goodies -- it was hard to put the Alpaca Silk yarn in the mail, it was so soft and nice.

Thimbleanna said...

Your pictures all look lovely Marianne! Your swap package looks amazing too! What's a flashgun? Is that just a flash unit that you attach to the boot on the camera? I've always shyed away from using the flash, but I was forced to mess with it when I took the Christmas dance pictures of my niece as it was too dark. I used the flash we bought with my old N90 -- it worked ok, but I really need to practice with flash -- there's so much to learn. Hubby is talking about getting me the newer flash -- although my old flash works with the newer cameras, the new flashes just have smarter technology. I laughed in a previous post where you asked if we've given up yet and are just buying the presents. So close -- but I think they'll get them with a little work left to be done LOL! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Michaela said...

Wowee, that was some package! Jealous or what? And I love your fairy lights.

Happy Christmas to you and Barry.

xx

CG said...

What gorgeous yarns and beautiful decorations! Hope you feel better soon!

about said...

THIS IS A MERRY CHRISTMAS WISH FOR
YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND THE VERY BEST OF NEW YEARS.

Thank you for the wonderful Christmas card and for remembering me at this special season. My family loves the card and we have it displayed in the great-room with all the other cards.

Joanna said...

wow, what a great package and some great bargains too, lucky you! Merry Christmas to you and Barry
xxx

Tina - omme i London said...

And that all just leaves time to wish you a very knitty - ehmmm... I mean MERRY Christmas. Enjoy :)

dutchcomfort said...

Merry Christmas Marianne to you and yours!

tiennieknits said...

Happy happy holidays! Enjoy your gifts and I hope you feel better soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin