Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Making Progress

It took me a long time to cut out the two little bridesmaid's dresses. They are lined and have an extra layer of spotty tulle on the top of the skirt. All in all it felt like I had cut out six dresses!
Here's Maddie trying on the bodice for me, it's a good fit and little sleeves are so cute. (that skirt in the photo is not the skirt of the bridesmaid dress lol) And then we went into model mode, Maddie is such a cheeky little darling, great fun!
I have now sewn the skirt to the bodice, it took ages to gather it all up so tightly, I was in fear of the gathering threads breaking! Just got to do the lining and tulle underskirt tomorrow and then I can start on Millie's! It was so lovely to have these gorgeous girls keep popping in to watch me sew and to have a little chat.....magic!
Thank you all for the lovely comments on the photo of Millie :^)

12 comments:

Taoknitter said...

Dressmaking!!! I love it! Such fun!

Sussex Yorkie said...

Beautiful dress. You are clever.

CG said...

Aren't those photos great? You are multi-talented!!

Marianne said...

I think you are absolutely amazing, all this sewing...
I LOVE this photo of Maddie! It tells me so many things about her delightfulness!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marianne..... if you understand then you're on the way to understanding the grandma!
I'll pass your comments on to M-UK. she's without I-net access until the weekend - and I'm in Germany until Friday. How complicated life is sometimes!

weebug said...

Millie and Maddie are both very beautiful and those are wonderful photographs!

hakucho said...

It must be very exciting to sew these wonderful and special dresses with your "girls" around to watch you in action...making memories that will last forever!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I can't believe you're making the dresses. Too cute!

dutchcomfort said...

Hurray for a multi-talented lady! Wonderful photos and the dresses will be great! Have fun with all the wedding preparations!

Thimbleanna said...

Another fabulous photo and this time of Maddie! Can't wait to see those finished dresses!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the dresses. I absolutely love dressmaking, especially if it's something fancy and if I have enough time to fiddle with it.

Faerynuff said...

Goodness, I am so proud of my wonderful mum and her lovely man Barry. These photo's bring tears to my eyes as I remember what a wonderful week we had. I am so looking forward to your wedding. What a fantastic day we are going to have :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin