Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Morning Surf

Loved the colours in this Bluefaced Leicester roving I bought from Socktopus on Sunday.  I knew exactly what I wanted to make with it too. A Morning Surf Scarf!

My favourite so far is the one made by my spinning friend Diane (it's a Ravelry link sorry if you're not a member)
I have managed to spin about a DK weight so it should make a nice long and drapey scarf.

Barry and I are feeling a bit fed up :^(

We can't go to Devon for the weekend.  Barry has been unwell, that flu virus has come back to haunt the pair of us!  Anyway, he's been off work til today and tomorrow he has to work in Slough and stay overnight and won't be back until Friday evening.  It was unrealistic to think he could then drive to Devon from here after driving back from Slough.  It is very bad timing, but that is the nature of his job, these trips away from home come at such short notice.

We haven't seen Ali for months now and I am getting withdrawal symptoms.  For those of you that don't know her, Ali is my eldest daughter and her and Jez have three of the most delicious children.  It is Sullivans birthday tomorrow and Madeleine's birthday next Tuesday so this weekend  is the birthday party weekend and I feel so sad to be missing it.  The hardest part was telling Maisie, my youngest, that we weren't able to go.  She was sad but her Dad came to the rescue and said he would take her instead...jealous...moi?  I am happy Maisie is able to get to see her little neices and nephews though...

We have decided to use this weekend here at Happy Towers to get some jobs done.  I am going to be making a new curtain for the hallway and Barry is going to make a shelving unit for the bathroom. Oh and I might just make some mincemeat for the mince pies!

Did I tell you about my raised bed in the garden? It used to be a fishpond but the previous owners filled it in and used it as a Heather Bed which was very old and over grown.  I startedto dig out the rooty old heather but then fell ill with the flu. Luckily the gardener (I know, we're so posh!) cameto my rescue and finished off the digging out when I was shopping one day last week.  So on Saturday, Barry added two huge bags of compost and three bags of horticultural grit and I mixed it together. I then planted loads of little alpine plants and gave it a gravel top dressing.  I am so proud of this little bit of  'me' that I have added to our new home! I suppose I'll have to go and take a photo to show you, of course I didn't take a before picture did I?



6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Yes Please -- a big pic of the raised bed! I'm so sorry that you'll be missing birthday weekend -- hopefully Ali will post some pictures for you to enjoy. I also hope Barry is feeling better now!

Love that pretty yarn!

CG said...

Oh, I'm sorry your weekend plans have fallen through! I hope the alternatives work out well for you!

Marianne said...

So sorry about your weekend plans but it's better for him to get some serious rest when he gets back from Slough, lots of fluids and rest, that way you'll both be fit as fiddles to go see those precious sweeties of yours.... and not spread the nasty virus more.

That BFL fibre and spun yarn is SO Beautiful, gorgeous colours!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

I hope you both feel better soon and get to see your family. :)

Lupie said...

Your yarn is beautiful! I will do this someday. My friend just bought a wheel from the 17th century. I hope to see it soon and post pictures on my blog.

Faerynuff said...

We missed you both too xxx BUT... it is only 30 days until Christmas, so that means only 27 days until we see you, or is it 26?

I'll be doing bloggy stuff tomorrow so you can see what we have been getting up to.

Can't wait to see your house!

Hope both of you are feeling better now xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin