Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lunch at Michaela's

I have had such an eventful day. This morning Barry took me to the hospital to have my smelly old cast removed. Felt a bit of a fraud having it sliced off when I could have just pulled my arm out if she'd asked. I didn't like to tell the nurse, don't know why, but she did say that it was rather loose.

My poor wrist looks all fragile and a little misshapen. The skin looked fine, didn't know why everyone was telling me it would look all scaly and dry. However, about an hour later, my skin crazed over, like crazy paving and I have been scratching it off ever since. How revolting, sorry but well, you know...

Later on my lovely friend Heather came to pick me up to take me to lunch at Michaela's. Never to be missed, she is an amazing cook, used to cook for royalty, I feel so privileged to know this knatty knitter. Oh and wow, at Michaela's Debbie Abrahams's blanket, it is so beautiful, brought a tear to my eye. She is working on another one now but we are not so sure it will be as stunning as the first but I'm sure, once she has finished it, it will be equally as gorgeous. Really, I want to knit some squares, with beads in!


Oh and then this plateful of cakes came out, how M has lost all that weight I do not know, I want to follow her diet, it seems perfect, salad and cake ;)


After lunch, we did some knitting and crocheting and lots of nattering, it's good to talk..

Thanks both girls, you are lovely x

8 comments:

Rosie said...

Sounds like a blissful day (apart from the scratching!)

Michaela said...

Thank-you for all those many compliments! You're lovely too - and as to the yarn you gave me... If I wasn't already married I think I may propose to this yarn and get married immediately. I never want to leave its side!

Thimbleanna said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day Marianne! The knit blanket is beautiful -- all that work. And that salad looks divine!!!

angela said...

Oh, you and me too! I broke my right hand and just now am getting back to normal with it.

I was at a friend's restaurant one day eating left handed and she couldn't stop laughing at me...she said it looked painful to eat. And the worst part is it didn't lose me any weight either.

Rani said...

Yum! Not the scratchy-skin-smelly-cast part - OH, that food!!!

Linda said...

Yummy cakes! I hope the scales go soon, get a good exfoliator and lather the cream on!

http://leafgreenknits.wordpress.com/

Fiona said...

Salad and cake - I could go with that! Glad you've got your cast off, it must be such a relief.

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love the gorgeous food photos.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin