Monday, October 06, 2008

SeSaSoSwa questionnaire

1. What are your favourite colours and fibres?

Oh my, favourite colours are pinks and soft greens...I love feminine colours and soft fluffy fibres as in cashmere and alpaca and silk etc.....I adore the combination of fawn and duck egg blue :^)

2. Anything that makes your toes curl? (Fibre, colour, other)

Acrylic yarn is a no-no, not a great fan of yellow either, I appreciate beautiful yarn and look after any handmade garments with lots of love and care.

I cannot drink milk and I allergic to cheap chocolate!

3. Would you describe yourself as a beginner, intermediate or advanced knitter?

I would say I am advanced in the knitting department.

4. Do you have an online wishlist? (Amazon or other)

Not really, I tend to get my books from The Book Depository as they are usually cheaper than Amazon and have no postage costs..

5. Any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I am learning to spin, I need to get some more practice fibre. I am eager to get spinning without worrying I am doing it wrongly. I am having a lesson with Diane Mulholland on November 2nd and I can't wait!

6. What is your favourite:

Snack?
Honey Roasted Nuts

Book?
I just love cookery books and of course knitting books. I do read the occasional novel but I have a bit of a butterfly mind and want to be creating rather than reading!

Movie?
Pretty Woman, Let's Dance, Chicago....can you see a theme going on here? One of my all time favourite's is Witness. Charlotte Gray, Moulin Rouge and the favourite of the moment is Mama Mia!

Music? I can never remember artists names but I do love the Saw Doctors. I tend to listen to radio two and sing and dance along to songs I like but I'm sorry, I am no good with their names!

7. What are your favourite items to knit?
Socks!! Small things for my Grandchildren, Barry and I have six between us!


8. Any patterns that are top of your queue?
Debbie Bliss Silk Bolero, I have had the silk to knit this for ages...I also would love to knit a Hemlock Ring Blanket as some time.


9. Do you have any other hobbies?
Photography, sewing, cooking, entertaining, tiffany stained glass, crochet, hmm...I have a go at anything that gets my interest!

10. Tell us about yourself. When did you first pick up your needles? Who/what encouraged you to start knitting? How would you describe your knitting style? Are you a process knitter or a product knitter, etc

I learnt to knit when I was about 5 I think, I can remember watching my Mum clicking away really fast and so wanted to do it too. I used to make dolls clothes by sizing down patterns to fit my dolls. I knitted a strip of garter stitch at infant school and it came back from my teacher one day as a cover to a coat hanger, my Mum still has that coat hanger, I was so proud of it! I spent many a happy hour shut in my bedroom knitting as my mess used to drive my Mum and Dad mad, I always left a trail of thread wherever I went! I taught myself to crochet by looking in a mirror at some right handed instruction pictures as I am left handed. I just love to be creative! Not sure what the difference is between a process knitter or a product knitter, or indeed what either of them are! I follow patterns, love a challenge and can usually adapt them to my taste.


~*~

Sorry about the lack of blogging, we only have dial up at the moment but broadband will be with us soon and I will be doing the drawing of the winner/s of the 'odd item photo contest' see below for your last chance of entering!

I am missing you all xx

10 comments:

CG said...

I miss you too!!

Peri said...

Yep I've missed your blog too. So I awarded you the 'I love your blog' award - details are on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I've missed you too!

raining sheep said...

So great to find out more about you. I hate acrylic as well. Hope you are settling in to your new home.

Thimbleanna said...

What a fun post. And to say that you're an advanced knitter is a bit of an understatement, don't you think??? I'm thinking there should be a category for expert!

Gill said...

Nice to find out more about you Marianne, I'm a left hander too,somehow my Mum managed to teach me to knit when I was around 8 but I remember her saying it was hard work! I was a prolific knitter for many years but haven't picked up the needles for over 20 years now...I keep promising myself to take up the craft again but so many hobbies so little time!

Anonymous said...

I love your Please no tags button! Did you make it? Can I have one?

And your funny quote of the day is so sadly true that I had to chuckle.
(Concrete Cloverleaf)

Acrylic? Do people still consider that yarn? ;-)

Smellyann said...

Yay, I'm so glad you posted! I'm stealing the meme. :)

KSee said...

Missing you too. Can't wait to see your new home when you up and running.

razmabaz said...

Please be patient!

Still no Internet.... how BT considers it offers a service I shall never understand!

And... the poor lady's has been unwell lately. Nature's Winter germs strike early!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin