Sunday, January 07, 2007

Camera Club Entries


I am using these two photos for a Camera Club Print contest on the 17th Jan, I am daring to be different because in my experience, judges of camera club competitions are somewhat staid in their choices of the prints that get good marks....The 'Champagne Bubbles' shot was taken in a pop up light tent using my Lens baby 2 and my D200 at F4....I wanted to make a greetings card for a friend of mine, in the glass is some Elderflower Champagne which I had made in the early summer, my friend always made the stuff and I vowed I would make some one day...and I did! Pauline also gave me the pretty little shoe. I put some tiny diamantes in the glass and a few popping out of the glass to make it look like the bubbles were popping...now this is one of my favourite greetings cards and just by changing the words it has become a card for all occasions!

'Will It Ever Stop Raining' is a shot I took on New Year's Eve, Barry and I were having a car-to-car picnic with Ali, Jez, Millie and Maddie because it was simply bucketing it down, somehow, Millie knew just how to make a sad face for Grandma, after I took this shot she pulled some amazingly funny faces, she's a star!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, some great pics you have including the lensbaby shots, they really give a different feel.

regards
Andrew

Anonymous said...

It's very good Marianne ... but also very pink and girlie if you don't mind me saying ... lol !

Some of the pics are ace though and tbh new to me and nice to see !

Best wishes with it ...

Ven the Green ... lol

Unknown said...

Great shots Marianne. I love the Champagne one. I like the pink!

Anonymous said...

Some excellent shots on here and a nice refreshing layout to the site.

Well done.

Tony

Gary said...

Loving the pink colour scheme Marianne!

Your range of links is a reminder that I need to update mine but time is not my friend at the mo!

Will pop back from time to time!

Gary

(HIMUPNORTH)

Anonymous said...

Lovely Blog Marianne.
Great photo's and kind words ..

Cheers, Neil (Chewyuk TP)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin