Monday, February 12, 2007

I don't like Mondays.....

......Especially this one, Barry is working away this week, ok it's only from today until Wednesday evening but it feels like a lifetime to me...I will keep myself busy with my creativity and will enjoy eating my date slices that I made yesterday following Marianne's recipe , I halved everything as I only had one pack of dates and I also worked out that 6tablespoons of butter is about 90 grammes?? My Favorite Color Swap Pal has contacted me (yippee) and so I am posting my answers to the questionnaire here, I hope I've covered everything!
~*~
1.What are your top three favorite colors?
I love shades of pink, purple and that gorgeous sage green
2. What crafts do you really enjoy?
Photography, Knitting, Machine Knitting, Crochet, Sewing, Tiffany stained glass (a wonderful hobby that needs some of my attention, it has been neglected for the winter), gardening, cooking
3. What products do you really covet?
Hmm, this is tricky....knitting/crochet/craft books, hand crafted craft tools like crochet hooks and knitting needles. Fat, squashy skeins of yarn, the stuff you just want to feel then knit with, silk,angora etc...mmm, L'Occitane products (I have expensive taste eh??) A house and garden of my own, OK so that is a bit big for putting in a parcel lol, special writing paper and envelopes.
4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things?
My partner and I enjoy going to re-enactments, visiting National Trust properties and going to walk round beautiful gardens, walking on the beach. Steam railways are a special interest. All our days out are centred around our photography and we always take loads of photographs. Looking through them when you get back home is a lovely way to spend an evening
5. Is there anything you collect?
Dust!! Ironing.....etc...... I don't really have room for a collection of anything because all my hobbies take over the house! I do love beautiful ornaments that do something, like a box you can put something in or a photo frame perhaps
6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol?
I'm a Leo
7.What are your favorite……scents/smells?
I don't like strong smells, I wear J'Adore and love the smell of Tommy on my man
types of music and/or bands?
I am starting to enjoy the music of Amy Winehouse and Mika (I love that single Grace Kelly),
Nora Jones, Katie Mellua...I love most music including Brass Bands and Classical, not that twiddly jazz stuff though, not very good at remembering names
…authors?
I'm not so good at reading, I like short stories as I have a butterfly mind most of the time, I do love to read poetry but I also read well written cookery/knitting/crochet/photography books as if they were a novel, I love to learn and try new crafts and hanker after a new hobby, spinning!
…animals?
Elephants
…places to shop?
Wool shops, online wool shops, John Lewis, Lakeland Ltd, Special Kitchen shops, Waitrose and M&S for food
…season?
Spring
…yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies?
I sort of told you the yarn/fabric/paper in the things I covet bit....
…candies or goodies?
Organic chocolate especially white (if I don't eat too much I don't get a migraine and I do so love it)..
Real Turkish delight, fruit teas of all descriptions
Haircare products for my wayward curly hair
8. Do you have any wish lists?
9. Are you allergic to anything?
I get migraines from non-organic chocolate, red wine, the usual migraine inducing delicious things that my body tells me to consume then it punishes me for enjoying myself ggrrrrr
10. Do you have any pets? What are they?
No pets...
11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you- anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy.
Although I am a Grandma I still like to stay up-to-date with fashion and enjoy looking through fashion magazines, I think I know when to draw the line with things that suit my age, I feel about 35 inside but my age tells me I'm not....I take care of my skin and my hair and enjoy looking good even if I don't always feel good!
I love to give gifts that I have made for my special friends, it's really hard to make things for people you don't love, or know that they wouldn't understand the love that went into the making of the present. The best people to make gifts for are the people that enjoy crafts of any description, somehow, the way they look at the gift they receive makes it all worth while....that aside, I will be creating for my secret pal....

3 comments:

Marianne said...

How can I even begin to tell you what it means to me that you love elephants. (Bobby is Leo)....
Very interesting list you have going on here....... ;^)

talj said...

I hope that the next couple of days pass quickly for you and don't feel too lonely (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

thanks for your swift reply! ideas are bubbling up...I'm a steam train fan, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin