Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dishcloths and Buttons

I have been to see my Lovely Doctor this morning, Barry came with me (he likes to visit with me after LD commented last year 'doesn't he go a lovely colour!'...only joking but she did say that to me in front of Barry! I am so low right now that truthfully I needed him with me....) and now I am on a course of antibiotics and so far I don't have any side effects, but I know this variety don't give me side effects (well non that a loo and I can't handle). I also know that this variety didn't work last time! Oh well, it's a high dose to start with so that might make me better. I must remember to drink more whilst taking them....

Has anyone else visited the Mason-Dixon knitting blog? I don't know how I came across it but I sort of got a bit in need of the book so I got a copy of it from Amazon...books get you like that, well they do me, I go and look at a blog and then someone mentions a book and before I know it I am looking it up on Amazon! Mostly I am strong and just add it to my wish list though! Anyway, on the MD website is this wonderful dishcloth pattern and as my head has been hurting to high heaven for the last three weeks my creativity has been a bit low on the ground to say the least, I needed to start and finish something. Anyway, armed with some double knitting cotton and a 4.5mm circular needle I made the cloth on the top and then I made up the pattern for the dishcloth in the next photo and now I am making another one and it's still on the needle because I just had to photograph my buttons I bought from Ebay recently.....
These buttons date from the 1940's and I love them but I promise I am not going to be precious about them and I WILL use them on my knitting and sewing projects...I Will Use The 40's Buttons...it's a sort of mantra and I tell people that pop in that I will use them so it must be true...wait and see though....
These white buttons with the red rims are my favourites, they are made of glass and I just have to make a broderie anglais blouse to put them on! It seems the older I get, the more the 30's and 40's have become an influential era in my life..so stylish...I always felt it would be nice to go out for picnics with my chums, wearing beautiful clothes and laughing and getting up to silly japes together, too much Jeeves and Wooster if you ask me!! Here's a whole episode to watch if you've got the time.....

I also love the music of that era and listen to Rod Stewart singing his American Songbooks, it's really good to sing along to....I have all 4 volumes!!

Anyway...thanks to all my lovely new chums...erm friends, for the get well wishes, they really are working..now all I have to do is go and leave some comments on your blogs!

Happy Crafting

4 comments:

talj said...

Glad to hear you have been to the doctors and I really hope the antibiotics work for you this time {{{HUGS}}} Lovely pictures...just sorry I dont know anything about knitting!

CG said...

Oh, I know what you mean about the 30s and 40s...I love everything about that era style-wise.

I hope you feel much better soon sweetie. The butons are just gorgeous!

HUGS
Julie xx

Marianne said...

Poor darling, I'm hoping the antibiotics do their job and slay the nasty wee beasties and not hurt you while they're at it.
I know that yogurt sometimes helps, you might try probiotics (to help out in keeping you out of the loo so often).
I'm with you on the 30's and 40's styles, and love love the buttons. Very cool washcloths!

picperfic said...

thank you M, I am going to try and get to the shops today so I'll get myself some of those yogurts, I've just taken my fourth capsule and my nose is starting to...erm....flow!! Hurrah!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin