Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Two FO's

Yesterday I cleared the debris from my pots in the garden, I have quite a few of them so it was a bit of a task. Now they are all sitting there, waiting patiently for me to put some plants in them ready for the warm weather ahead. I have half filled them with compost, special container compost that I bought last year which already contains swellgel and plant food, and I have watered them loads of times to get them ready for the new plants to wriggle their roots into

~*~

Two of my FO's can be seen on Ali's blog . I posted two little dresses off to her yesterday at 4.40pm and she got them this morning! Remember yesterdays secret sewing?? I am really looking forward to seeing whether the dress for Millie fits and looks OK, my patterns are a bit old and I'm concerned that Ali will find them a bit too...erm...funky? I made both the patterns for Maisie when she was little so they are full of memories.......Anyway, Maddie looks cute in her dress, and Millie looks lovely in the KnitPicks skirt I made her. Wish they delivered their yarn to the UK but my lovely friend Mus came to my rescue. I sent the order to her and then Marianne(really it's her name too!) sent it on to me. What an angel. You can read about the yarn used on Ali's blog, the only thing I did differently was to do a couple of rows of knitted in beads, just because I had learned how to do it!!

The first thing you'll see over there is a gorgeous dress that Ali has made for Millie to wear to two special events, I am so proud of her and her darling little bump!!

~*~

Into the garden for me, I need to do my pots!!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Seriously, you NEVER cease to amaze me, you clever clever woman.
It's certainly not hard to know that Ali is your daughter, another incredibly clever woman.
That little pink floral dress... it's just divine and love the little buttons you chose for it. The KP skirt is sooo pretty!
I personally love the pattern you chose to make the girls' dresses, I have one quite similar, the newer more 'fashionable' patterns that are out now? Not so pretty and most of them seem so inappropriate, but then that may be just me...I like the simple, tasteful, pretty patterns!
Lovely, it's all so lovely!
XOXOXOXOXOX

razmabaz said...

Shall I tell you what Marianne? It never ceases to amaze me either how these two are so talented and clever. And to share my life with one of them is an absolute joy! On top of which I have this added Bazza bonus, I come home to the most fantastic meals a hungry man could ever wish for...... scrummy!

I is in Heaven! Oh yes!

CG said...

These are just gorgeous!! And I love the skirt. The colours are great and don't the girls look cute?

Valerie said...

Hi Marianne!
I just wanted to let you know that my very exciting and mysterious and WONDERFUL package from you arrived tonight. Of course, I am leaving on a 10 day trip tomorrow and have not yet packed so I cannot write the post to do it justice.. but I'll try to get something up, and then do a looooonger (and more gushing ;P) one when I get back
Thank you again!
ps. Richard is quite excited about the little basil planter. He loves pesto, and for some reason basil is hard to find regularly in Halifax

Blog Widget by LinkWithin