Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Exciting Times

My lovely Mum was having her hair MAZ_1876done when she needed to find something from her little purse that I had made her.  Pamela, the hairdresser saw the purse and asked Mum about it.  Pamela is opening a new ladies hairdressing salon and thought that my little purses would suit the Vintage theme of the place.

MAZ_1877I spoke to Pamela yesterday and she has asked me if I’ll make about 10 different styles of purses for her to sell in the Salon. I am so excited about this, especially as I was also asked to show Pamela any new ideas I have to see if they will suit the shop. What a lovely person she is to work with too Smile 

 

I have also been asked to do a wholesale order for my fibre, these are indeed exciting times for Fluff-n-Stuff…

My Interchangeable Needle Organisers

have had more good reviews and I have been taking orders for quite a few of these.

interchangeable organiser (1)

interchangeable organiser (2)  I still have a few spaces left before Christmas if anyone else would like one…? They make excellent presents for a knitting friend..

 

 

 

digital recorder barry

It was Barry’s birthday yesterday and I felt like I hadn’t given him much of present.  He had had a new Sat Nav system a month or so ago which was to be his birthday present but I felt I needed to give him another present so I bought him the RAF Air force Band’s CD, Reach for the Skies.  On the day, this CD seemed inadequate….

When Barry is rehearsing or playing with the band he likes to record their music to listen to again and again (thank goodness for headphones eh? Don’t get me wrong, I adore Brass Band music but there is a limit to how often I want to hear a section of music played…). The recorder he uses was in a flimsy black bag which offered no protection for the special gadget.  So whilst he was at work I made him a bag he had been asking me make for ages.  Black denim lined with beautiful craft cotton fabric bought from America (I really didn’t like cutting that special fabric), I love the internet for shopping! I also added a pocket for headphones and other bits and bobs and a magnetic popper to keep it all in it’s place.  I am now thinking of turning this into a useful wallet/purse to add to my shop.  This one is fully interfaced and padded and when Barry came home from work I was so excited for him to open this present.  He was delighted with it!

Right, time to get back on with my knitting, a Christmas present for someone special…no, not Barry this time!!

4 comments:

Rani said...

The little purse is so pretty - I can see why she'd like to carry them in her shop.

I can see why you've been so busy.

Brad Fallon said...

You have a very colorful needle organizers. Very nice purse too.

Joy@Cadieux et Langevin said...

Beautiful purse <3 Perfect for any occasions :)

Clipping path service said...

Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin