Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Puppet Show






How I love Oliver and S Patterns!

The designs are adorable, just looking at the cute drawings of cut out dolls on the pattern wrappers makes me want to sew them.

I bought the fabric for this outfit the Wednesday before last whilst I was at knit group. Sandra, from The Ely Wool Shop sells the most pretty fabric, she said last week when I purchased even more fabric to make myself another dress 'I think we have the same taste', I think she's right!

Rather than cutting out the exact size on the pattern sheet, I traced the pieces so I can use it again for a different size. For some reason I have 2 of these patterns, so I have all the sizes from 6 months to 5 years. I feel lucky to have them too as the pattern has been discontinued now. I never thought that any of these patterns would go out of print, they are all so classic and stylish in design.

I find it amusing that I love to sew in the summer months....

What are you all doing at the moment?

5 comments:

CCK said...

Marianne, when you trace these patterns, what do you use/how do you do it? I'm just getting back into sewing and with the cost of patterns, I think this is a great idea...

Ariella said...

have you ever tried printing your own fabric? there are lots of places where you can do it and its fairly inexpensive. we recently experimented with it & made a pattern for a hand puppet [see here! http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/246765 ] and i'm trying to think of other uses for it since its so neat.

Marianne said...

You sew The Most Beautiful clothes!
You truly are a Domestic Goddess! (and I mean that in the very best way).
I really hate it when classic patterns are discontinued, there's just no call for that. I'd like to see more vintage (30s,40s,early 50s) Summer Frock patterns, or really, just pretty dresses.
xox

Linda said...

That is so cute! I love the inside hem contrast. I am on a crochet thing at the moment ... granny squares galore!

hakucho said...

very cute outfit...you are so talented!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin