Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Huckleberry Ascot and Flower Socks



you need to scroll down the page to see the original
I used some gorgeous soft alpaca silk sock wool I had left over from knitting my Kyla mitts.
However, I thought I had another skein of this yarn and I kept knitting away until I reached the end of the ball and then I went to my box to get the other ball...it wasn't there!
I emptied the box and searched and searched and then I came to my senses and realised that I only had the one skein and I had used up half of it making the mittens. So I finished it off with some pink Artesano Alpaca Inca Cloud and it looks fine in fact it looks great and now my neck will be warm as toast. Anyone recognise the programme on the television as I took these photos? I do love bobbles...I think you either love 'em or you hate 'em....??

Flower Socks by Ellene Warren
I just had to download this pattern, it was a bit on the pricey side but I just fell in love with them especially as they combined both my loves of crochet and knitting...I have got the Mitts to make next but I must finish the second sock. All the little flowers are made and linked together.
I used the Dazzle sock wool from the Natural Dye Studio to make these beauties and used 2.25mm 80cm long circular needle to knit these using the magic loop technique
I love them but these are for a gift so I must get on and finish them! Not sure I'll put the sparkly beads in the middle of the flowers as the pattern suggests, I kind of like the middle of the flowers as they are, what do you think?
*~*~*

I have to make some mince pies for Barry to take into work on Thursday, his last day at work until after the new year! I can't wait for this Christmas to get going. I am meant to be going to get my legs waxed on Thursday and whilst I'm having that done Maisie is having her nails painted. Unfortunately, the hairs haven't grown on my legs so I might just change my appointment to a bit of a massage or a facial or something, I couldn't let Maisie down by cancelling could I?...which reminds me, I must phone them!

17 comments:

CG said...

I tell you what; my legs are REALLY hairy right now so as you've been SUCH a nice friend to me, I'll let you borrow them on Thursday!Problem solved :) xx

Rosie said...

yummy knitting. and I'd say treat yourself to something really relaxing (anything is relaxing compared to being waxed!)

misplacedpom said...

THE GOOD LIFE!! I used to love that programme when I was little even though I didn't get all the double meanings :)

Both the scarf and the socks are lovely, well done!

Anonymous said...

I love the colours - so soft and mellow.

Nora

Thimbleanna said...

Gosh, you're killing me with all this yarn beauty! Great colors once again! YumYum Mince Pies -- I've always wanted to make some -- will you share your recipe?

Probably Jane said...

That does it - I am definitely learning to crochet next year - those socks are stunning!

Monika said...

Fantastic socks!

yvette said...

Those socks are stunning, pity I can't crochet.

Knittypants said...

The socks are really, really cute. Love the little flowers and the wool you chose.

jayne said...

Love those socks - really eyecatching. Well done!

sandra said...

Fabulous socks and what gorgeous colours for the Ascot. I crochet a bit but these are too complicated for me. Well done.

Mama said...

I love the ascot!!

and the socks are top notch too : )

Liz said...

OOOHHHH! I wish wish wish I could knit so i could make these beautiful things. You are so talented!

sulu-design said...

Wow. These socks are a work of art. I mean, hand-knit socks are always impressive, but these are really spectacular - such detail!

tiennieknits said...

Pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty socks!

Anonymous said...

Marianne, I love those socks and they look so pretty with all those pastel colours,very girly!!

I have tagged you to take part in the Christmas meme, its on my blog

love meg, pennypincherspantry xx

Anonymous said...

These must be the weirdest in and the most beautiful socks I've seen in a very-very-very long time. Great colour choice too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin